If you have a blog or website, you may already be familiar with the concept of marketing niches. You may even want to create a blog around a particular topic but don't know if it'll be popular or profitable. You might also be struggling to find your niche, which is a topic that you define prior to creating your blog. Choosing a specific niche can give you authority with your audience and help you build credibility with your readership, which means returns website visits and access to the highest paying affiliate programs.
Still in the topic selection process and need to know the most profitable niches for affiliate marketing? Or do you have a niche and want to know good affiliate programs to make connections with? Keep reading to learn more about which niches are on the rise for 2021 and which ones are already quite popular.
Popular Niches for 2021
1. Pet Care
In 2020, around 20 percent of Americans spent more money on their pets than ever before, and that number is expected to rise. This is more than likely due to the increased number of people working from home, which has spurred more adoptions and had Americans spending more time with pets they already had. Specialty foods and grooming products are expected to boom, along with health supplements not previously available.
It may appear that the dog/cat/other house pets market might be oversaturated as far as affiliate programs go, but there is still plenty to go around. The market for all things animal is worth around $70 billion per year in the United States, and that number is only increasing. Some of the top 5 highest paying affiliate programs for pet bloggers include:
- Paw.com– They design stylish and functional dog beds that look like décor in your home.
- Embark – Offering dog DNA testing, this is perfect for the savvy modern blogger to incorporate onto their site.
- Pet Pro Supply Co. – Does your blog target pet professionals with its content? Look no further than this affiliate program!
- Holista Pet – Tend to draw a more natural and holistic crowd to your platform? CBD pet treatments might be right up your readers' alley.
- Ollie– Dog food that is made by human grade meat, meaning that it's healthy and perfectly tailored to a dog's needs.
Many pet bloggers share cute animal videos, pictures, and gifs to gain a following, along with personal stories and pet care tips.
The good thing about selecting a niche like technology is that there are so many topics within that niche that your content possibilities are limitless. Many bloggers write about different releases on streaming services like Netflix or HBO Max. Considered to be digital entertainment, this industry will rise to $2.5 trillion by 2024. Video gaming is also a huge industry, with new games for PC and various video game consoles being released regularly.
If writing about Twitch streams and the newest series on Hulu isn't your thing, there's an affiliate market for the more business minded blogger. We suggest writing about social media analytics platforms, as well as HR software or mobile app creation. The COVID-19 pandemic has increased the need for information regarding new technology, since more people are staying at home and consuming more digital media than ever. Tips for improving Zoom meetings or virtual collaboration platforms? You may just want to start a blog to reach remote workers. The top 5 affiliate programs for technology include:
- Microsoft – From Excel to Xbox, Microsoft has dipped its toes across different fields of tech. Microsoft offers an affiliate program for its Microsoft 365 products, which offer a variety of office solutions.
- Kinsta – Do you write about website creation or development? Kinsta's webhosting affiliate program might be perfect for your readership! Created specifically for WordPress sites, Kinsta provides streamlined webhosting for a variety of sites and blogs.
- Norton VPN – Used for both work and entertainment, Norton VPN allows its users to browse the web with a hidden IP address. If your readership likes secure browsing or is into the deep web, Norton VPN is a good affiliate program to choose from.
- Wargaming.net– With games like War of Tanks and War of Warships, Wargaming.net offers an affiliate program that would be most ideal for blog owners that write about video gaming or mobile app gaming, as well as at home entertainment.
- Zygor Guides Gaming – Offering extensive guides for games like World of Warcraft, Zygor has a competitive affiliate program to reward those who place their links on their blogs. This affiliate program would be best for a blogger that considers themselves to have a PC game savvy audience.
Another one of the most profitable niches for affiliate marketing in 2021, is wellness or lifestyle blogging. Much like technology, this topic has almost an infinite number of niches that can fit inside its umbrella. These days, people care more about their health and quality of life, with the wellness industry expected to reach $6 trillion by 2025. H
How you discuss wellness and lifestyle will depend on the age, gender, and location of your audience. For example, older women may be more interested in anti-aging skincare regimens, while younger adults may appreciate high intensity workout routines. The amount of money your demographic makes will also play a key role in determining what affiliate program will work best for you. Readers that have a higher income are more likely to shell out money for supplements and personal trainers, while lower income or middle class readers might appreciate healthy recipes and budget friendly workout equipment.
Some of the top 5 affiliate programs for health, wellness, and lifestyle include:
- Weight Watchers– Americans spend around $60 billion each year trying to lose weight and your readership may be no exception. One of the most trusted weight loss programs, Weight Watchers, offers an affiliate program to bloggers that refer people to sign up.
- Top 10 Supps– Sold through big names like Amazon, Top 10 Supps rates and reviews different health supplements. If you have an audience that is serious about working out, Top 10 Supps might be a good affiliate program to work with.
- CBD Medic– Have an audience that is more interested in holistic pain relief and health products? CBD Medic offers topical ointments and creams for skin care and pain relief.
- iHerb– iHerb has supplements, vitamins, skincare products, and much more in their all-natural health affiliate program. If you want to write broadly about natural health on your blog, iHerb could make a good partner.
- Rocky Mountain Oils – Stocking high quality essential oils to soothe a variety of ailments, Rocky Mountain Oils offers a competitive affiliate program.
4. Personal Finance Management
With people looking to handle their money more independently, personal finance has grown significantly over the years. From improving credit scores, learning how to invest or save money, and purchasing cryptocurrency, this industry has exploded. Even better, affiliate marketing programs in this niche are valued at around $12 billion currently.
If you enjoying education your readership on different financial technologies, programs, and apps, this could be the perfect niche for you. The top 5 personal finance affiliate marketing programs include:
- Ally Invest – Offering simple solutions to first time investors, Ally Invest can provide your audience with both managed and independent portfolios.
- Coinbase– Coinbase allows users to purchase cryptocurrency from them directly, with all of it insured up to $250,000. Ideal for bloggers who write about new advancements in financial technology.
- eToro– Have readers that want to buy, trade, and sell cryptocurrency? How about on eToro's social media style platform?
- LifeLock– You've probably heard of this one before, but we wanted to tell you again! Lifelock monitors accounts for strange activity in order to prevent identity theft. This affiliate program would work for any blog, seeing as identity theft is very prevalent.
- Guardian Debt Relief– As of 2021, Americans have $13.2 trillion worth of debt to credit card companies, banks , and other lenders. Guardian Debt Relief offers debt resettlement and negotiation options for those with at least $7,500 of debt. Have a younger demographic? Guardian Debt Relief also handles student loan relief, so you can still use their affiliate program.
By no means are these four niches the only options you have to choose from when it comes to content creation and blogging. From photography to hunting, there's a niche for every interest. And behind those niches? A profitable affiliate program.